KRS 218A.440 Requires that each agency seizing money or property shall at the close of each fiscal year file a statement with the Auditor of Public Accounts and the Secretary of the Justice and Public Safety Cabinet containing a detailed listing of all money and property seized in that fiscal year and the disposition thereof. The listing shall identify all property so seized.
asset forfeiture tutorial (FAQ) - final.pdf
Office of Drug Control Policy Annual Asset Forfeiture Submission
You have indicated that you have seizures and/or awards to report this fiscal year.
Please follow these instructions to submit this report:
- 1. Open and complete the Asset Forfeiture Report. You may type directly onto the form.
- 2. Once you have completed the form, name the file and save it to your computer. (For example, save it to your desktop.)
- 3. Please enter the name and title of the person responsible for the content of the form in the text fields below.
- 4. If you have questions, please contact the Office of Drug Control Policy at 1-888-414-ODCP
All local law enforcement agencies and sheriffs
The Justice and Public Safety Cabinet needs your assistance to fulfill the statutory requirement of collecting data on asset forfeiture.
- The fiscal year for the report should reflect July 1 through June 30 of the corresponding year.
- Do not send monthly reports. Submit only one report per year reflecting your seizures.
- Completed forms should take place on or before September 15 and need to be faxed or mailed to:
KY Office of Drug Control Policy
125 Holmes Street
Frankfort, Kentucky 40601
Fax: 502.564.6104 Office: 502.564.8277